|Currency||Rate||1000 GBP =|
|GBP to Euro||(Rate = 1.0906)||1,090.60 EUR|
|GBP to US Dollars||(Rate = 1.2469)||1,246.90 USD|
|GBP to Australian Dollars||(Rate = 1.7312)||1,731.20 AUD|
|GBP to Turkish Lira||(Rate = 6.4932)||6,493.20 TRY|
|GBP to Canadian Dollars||(Rate = 1.6512)||1,651.20 CAD|
|GBP to Japanese Yen||(Rate = 125.7500)||125,750.00 JPY|
Thomas Cook’s exchange rates are ESTIMATED. The way our estimation works is this – we sampled each provider’s exchange rates through its website and made out an average margin per currency. Then we used an external provider to supply us with real-time currency rates and applied the margin previously calculated, per provider, per currency. These are indicative rates only, and we don’t guarantee these are the actual currency rates.
Are Thomas Cook rates any good?
Thomas Cook’s rates are not competitive in comparison with the rates provided by our top travel money providers below:
About Thomas Cook Travel Money – Review
The Thomas Cook Travel Card acts as a cheaper alternative to using credit or debit cards. To use it, simply load with a currency of your choice which can be US Dollars, Australian Pounds, Swiss Franc, the South African Rand and many more.
The card can be used to pay for products in restaurants and shops, or withdrawing cash from one of the millions approved ATMs globally. Additionally, since the card does not have your personal details or name on it, your identity is fully secured if it gets lost or stolen.
The advantages of using Thomas Cook are as follows:
- It’s Chip and PIN protected for maximum security.
- The card is not linked to any bank account for added safety.
- Ability to withdraw local currencies in the country that you are in.
- Convenient online management of your travel money account, depicting the ATM locator, transaction details and many more.
- Inactivity fee is charged if you don’t use the card for 12 months consecutively.