|Currency||Rate||1000 GBP =|
|GBP to Euro||1.1356 EUR||1,135.6288 EUR|
|GBP to US Dollars||1.2436 USD||1,243.5517 USD|
|GBP to Australian Dollars||1.8775 AUD||1,877.4682 AUD|
|GBP to Turkish Lira||32.8042 TRY||32,804.1636 TRY|
|GBP to Canadian Dollars||1.6702 CAD||1,670.1501 CAD|
|GBP to Swiss Franc||1.0754 CHF||1,075.4072 CHF|
|GBP to Japanese Yen||179.1006 JPY||179,100.5709 JPY|
John Lewis’ exchange rates are ESTIMATED. The way our estimation works is this – we sampled each provider’s exchange rates through its website and made out an average margin per currency. Then we used an external provider to supply us with real-time currency rates and applied the margin previously calculated, per provider, per currency. These are indicative rates only, and we don’t guarantee these are the actual currency rates.
Are John Lewis’ Exchange Rates any Good?
When we look at competing travel money companies, we definitely witness that John Lewis’ rates are OK sometimes up to par with the best providers in this industry but not necessarily the cheapest. View comparison below:
About John Lewis Foreign Currency – a Review
John Lewis Foreign Currency is a service provided by First Rate Exchange Services Ltd, a company with over 15 years of experience in providing competitive foreign exchange rates to its customers and the UK’s largest supplier of travel money. Some of the perks of using them is having 0% commission when converting currencies, choosing from 60 currencies available and the possibility of picking the money from over 334 locations nationwide or select home delivery.
The advantages of using John Lewis Foreign Currency include:
– In-store convenience at 31 different shops. At these stores customers will be able to receive popular currencies (such as Euros and US Dollars) as well as 28 other currencies.
– Collect 60 different currencies for free on the next working day. Can collect from over 330 locations.
– Free next day home delivery on foreign currency.
– The same rates are set in store and online to ensure customers get the very best rate.
– Connected with Western Union for quick money transfers.
– The ability to set up regular payments for exchange rates that are more affordable than banks.
– Payments over £3,000 will not be charged fees
The disadvantages of using John Lewis Foreign Currency include:
– Click and collect not available on Saturdays and Sundays.
– They do not offer the Click & collect service on any orders under £300.