Singapore has become a desired destination for many travellers in recent years. In 2016, over 16 million international tourists visited the country, which is almost thrice the Singapore population. The main touristic attractions are: the island resorts, the multitude of cultural and historical landmarks, nature sight-seeing or the incredible cuisine, which is often viewed as a prime example of the ethnic diversity. Singapore is more expensive than other countries in the region such as: Malaysia or Thailand. For this reason, it might be better to be prepared with a decent travel money provider to get the best Pound to Singapore Dollar exchange rate and buy SGD in advance.
Best SGD Exchange Rate – Chosen Providers
We hope you can use the list above of the best travel money providers in order to find the right provider for you to purchase Singapore Dollars. If you didn’t find a suitable choice, please kindly look at the list below and compare 30 additional travel money exchange rates:
Buy SGD for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – Additional Providers
Are this the real GBP to SGD exchange rates?
In 99% of the cases, the answer is Yes. Our feed is updated hourly, thus, most of the time, it will reflect the correct rates. That being said, in the case that a merchant is making drastic changes to its feeds or rates, we might be a little off and show the previously provided rates.
So, we also encourage you to go and verify the rates on the provider’s website to be 100% sure that you choose the best GBP to SGD exchange rate.
Travelling to Singapore – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/singapore
UK embassy in Singapore:
British High Commission, Singapore
- Address: 100 Tanglin Road, Singapore 247919
- Phone: +65 6424 4200
Travelling to Singapore – How Much Does It Cost Compared to the UK?
- An inexpensive meal at a restaurant would cost you almost 50% less. Around £6.7 (against £12 in the UK).
- A 0.33 litre bottle of Coca-Cola would cost you 20% less than in the UK.
- Riding a taxi is pretty cheap. It can be even more than 40% less expensive. However, gasoline costs almost the same as in the UK.
- Shopping might be a bit more expensive. For example, 1 pair of Nike running shoes may cost 15% more than what you usually pay in the UK.
In general, travelling in Singapore would be cheaper than Europe but more expensive than other countries in the far east.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to Singapore – Popular Destinations
As an English-speaking individual, you will have no problem in Singapore given that English is the dominant one of its four official languages. Thus, you can easily converse with people, get directions or shop at the various multi-story shopping centres. These are the most popular destinations in Singapore:
- Orchard Road – a well-known area due to its tremendous shopping centres. Most of them are connected by underground paths.
- Chinatown – a colourful neighbourhood with delicious restaurants, amazing nightlife, and clubs.
- Marina Bay – luxury hotels, restaurants, bars, casinos, and plenty of other places to visit. While visiting there, you can find everything you want.
Singapore is one of the safest and cleanest places in our globe and has a perfect place for every tourist.
Based on Trip Advisor
Singapore Dollars Rate Comparison
We hope you have enjoyed reading through our guide for travellers to Singapore who are looking to exchange their Pounds to Singapore Dollars. We are constantly improving the quality, speed, and contents of our website and would be glad to see you in the future. Remember, the best travel money provider now is not necessarily going to be the cheapest at any given time. For this reason, make sure you get the best SGD exchange rate every time you want to buy SGD. We hope you will visit us again before your next trip or vacation. Do not forget, it is always better to compare SGD exchange rate before buying Singapore Dollars. This way, you will be able to save money and well spend it on your trip.
Be amazed by the magic of Singapore – a place of the future!