New Zealand makes for the best travel destination all year round because you can do a bunch of different outdoor activities like skiing, hiking, bike riding, swimming or even rafting on the rivers in almost any month of the year. But, if you just want to relax you can take advantage of the wonderful sights of nature that the country has to offer. Even though it is not the cheapest place to visit, New Zealand has always been featured as a top travel destination and it is worth it to put some focus on your money management to make way for outdoor activities in your budget. You can reduce your expenses by comparing the best travel money providers and choose the right one with the best Pound to New Zealand Dollar exchange rate.
Compare travel money rates below to find the best NZD exchange rates for your holiday money:
Best New Zealand Dollar Exchange Rate – Chosen Providers
These GBP to NZD exchange rates are the best exchange rates that we found. Our selected list with the holiday money providers mentioned above can give you peace of mind and save you the hassle of conveying a full currency comparison research. You can jump strait to the next step – buying New Zealand Dollars.
To make it even easier, below you can discover more travel money providers to double check and extend your comparison research if needed.
Buy NZD for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – Additional Providers
Are these rates precise and accurate all the time?
The rates shown in the table above are as accurate as we can display them because we refresh them every hour. This doesn’t mean that it is 100% the official ones as sometimes errors may occur or the companies could make big changes and it will take some time for us to display the updated rates. So, just to be sure before purchasing NZD, go to your desired company and double check the rates.
What about bank to bank money transfers to NZ?
You should be looking at this real time NZD transfers comparison to learn more about the topic.
Travelling to New Zealand – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/new-zealand
UK embassy in New Zealand:
British High Commission, Wellington
- Address: 44 Hill Street, Thorndon, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Phone: +64 4-924 2888
Travelling to New Zealand – Compare Costs
- An inexpensive meal at a restaurant would cost almost 20% less than in the UK, which is around £10 (against £12 in the UK).
- However, you will pay these extra 20% if you buy a Coca-Cola.
- Maybe you should think of drinking wine instead of beer. A bottle of wine costs 20% more than in the UK; however, a bottle of beer costs almost twice the price than what it would in the UK.
- Gasoline would cost around 7% less than in the UK, which is around £1 per litre. It is important to note this when renting a car or a van.
In general, the costs are a bit higher in the UK than in New Zealand. Getting to New Zealand would be the expensive part.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to New Zealand – Popular Places to Visit
These are the most popular destinations in New Zealand:
- Queenstown – a well-known place due to the Lord of the Rings trilogy that was filmed in the area. Many outdoor attractions such as: hiking, bungee-jumping and kayaking.
- Whitianga – nature and wild-life areas along with perfect places to relax including: hot springs and museums.
- Blenheim – a wonder of agriculture and the region with more than 20 wineries. Enjoy the sunny weather and the delightful restaurants.
- Wanaka – both relaxation and adventures can be found at this magnificent lake.
Based on Trip Advisor
NZD Rate Comparison
We truly hope that our short guide for travellers to New Zealand helped you plan your trip and find the best Pounds to New Zealand Dollars exchange rates. We are constantly improving our site to bring our audience the most updated and reliable information about ways to buy New Zealand Dollars. Remember that the best travel money provider now will not remain like this forever, since currency exchange rates change all the time. Please do compare these exchange rates before every time you are buying NZD – it will save you money and headaches. We hope to see you again on your next trip and your next travel money comparison.
Enjoy your trip and stay safe!