Costa Rica has been one of the most desired travel locations, and it’s not hard to understand why due to the beaches, mountains, volcanic craters, and the most diverse fauna you have ever seen.
It’s no wonder why Costa Rica placed #1 in the Happy Planet Index rankings for the third time. Although it is not the cheapest destination, it is far from being the most expensive.
So, with a nice budget put aside, you can enjoy the experience and bragging rights of going to a place that only 14% of Brits have ever visited.
You can help yourself a little by comparing travel money providers and choosing the best Pound to Costa Rican Colon exchange rate to get the most out of your money. Alternatively, you can also buy some US dollars because they are widely accepted in Costa Rica.
Best Pound to Euro Exchange Rates Provider:
|Official Rate 1000 GBP =
|Wise 1000 GBP =
|GBP to Euro
This list is a perfect tool to help you find the best rates to buy CRC. With the list above you can compare between the best exchange rate between Pounds to Costa Rican Colons providers. For your convenience, you can compare 30 more travel money providers below for their GBP to CRC rates. We advise you to use it to compare and see how our selected providers do against them.
Buy Costa Rican Colons for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – Additional Providers
Is it the exact exchange rate at this moment?
The CRC exchange rates from the tables above are as exact as we could display them to you. That being said, even though we refresh them every hour, sometimes the travel money providers might make substantial changes to their rates and we will need to wait a bit for the updates. We are not responsible if any of the above rates are slightly different when purchasing currencies. We just try to show it as updated as we can.
Travelling to Costa Rica – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/costa-rica
UK embassy in Costa Rica:
British Embassy, San José
- Address: Edificio Centro Colón, Paseo Colón, San José, Costa Rica
- Phone: +506 2258 2025
Travelling to Costa Rica – How Much Does It Cost Compared to the UK?
- A meal at a normal local restaurant would cost you a little bit more than £5 (versus £12 in the UK).
- A 0.33 litre bottle of Coca-Cola would cost you about 10% less of what it would in the UK, at right about £1.05.
- Transportation is very cheap in Costa Rica. You can ride a taxi for 70% less than in the UK.
- A big bottle of water (1.5 litre bottle) is more expensive than in the UK. It costs £1.53.
In general, A trip to Costa Rica would be cheap. The flight can be expensive if you do not book it in advance.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to Costa Rica – Destinations Worth Visiting
These are the most popular destinations in Costa Rica:
- Nosara – enjoy and relax on the endless beach. The wildlife just behind you makes this experience even better.
- Santa Teresa – a paradise for surfers and a superb place for snorkelling. It is the ultimate spot to watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
- La Fortuna de San Carlos – visit the most active volcano in Costa Rica, the Arenal Mountain, and enjoy the waterfalls mixed with hot springs in the area.
- Tamarindo – another perfect place for surfers and a great area to relax at the beautiful beaches.
Based on Trip Advisor
Costa Rican Colons Rate Comparison
We truly hope you found our guide for travellers to Costa Rica insightful, and that it assisted you in discovering the optimal Pounds to Costa Rican Colons exchange rates. We’re dedicated to consistently refining our site, and we eagerly anticipate your next visit. Bear in mind that the pursuit of the top travel money provider is ever-changing due to the fluctuating nature of currency exchange rates. It’s crucial to understand that the best provider today may not always offer the most competitive rates tomorrow. Therefore, utilizing the travel currency comparison is essential each time you intend to purchase Costa Rican Colons. This simple step can significantly enhance your savings, allowing you to allocate more for your adventures.
Enjoy your stay in Costa Rica, and be safe!