Costa Rica has been for a long time one of the most desired travel locations and it’s not hard to understand why due to the: beaches, mountains, volcanic craters, and the most diverse fauna you have ever seen. It’s no wonder why Costa Rica placed for the third time #1 in the Happy Planet Index rankings. Although is not the cheapest destination, it is far from being the most expensive. So, with a nice budget put aside, you can enjoy the experience and bragging rights of going to a place that only 14% of Brits have ever visited.
You can help yourself a little by comparing travel money providers and choosing the best Pound to Costa Rican Colon exchange rate and get the most out of your money. Alternatively, you can also buy some US dollars because they are widely accepted in Costa Rica.
Best Costa Rican Colon Exchange Rate – Top Travel Money Providers
This list is a perfect tool to help you find the best rates to buy CRC. With the list above you can compare between the best exchange rate between Pounds to Costa Rican Colons providers. For your convenience, you can compare 30 more travel money providers below for their GBP to CRC rates. We advise you to use it to compare and see how our selected providers do against them.
Buy Costa Rican Colons for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – Additional Providers
Is it the exact exchange rate at this moment?
The CRC exchange rates from the tables above are as exact as we could display them to you. That being said, even though we refresh them every hour, sometimes the travel money providers might make substantial changes to their rates and we will need to wait a bit for the updates. We are not responsible if any of the above rates are slightly different when purchasing currencies. We just try to show it as updated as we can.
Travelling to Costa Rica – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/costa-rica
UK embassy in Costa Rica:
British Embassy, San José
- Address: Edificio Centro Colón, Paseo Colón, San José, Costa Rica
- Phone: +506 2258 2025
Travelling to Costa Rica – How Much Does It Cost Compared to the UK?
- A meal at a normal local restaurant would cost you a little bit more than £5 (versus £12 in the UK).
- A 0.33 litre bottle of Coca-Cola would cost you about 10% less of what it would in the UK, at right about £1.05.
- Transportation is very cheap in Costa Rica. You can ride a taxi for 70% less than in the UK.
- A big bottle of water (1.5 litre bottle) is more expensive than in the UK. It costs £1.53.
In general, A trip to Costa Rica would be cheap. The flight can be expensive if you do not book it in advance.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to Costa Rica – Destinations Worth Visiting
These are the most popular destinations in Costa Rica:
- Nosara – enjoy and relax on the endless beach. The wildlife just behind you makes this experience even better.
- Santa Teresa – a paradise for surfers and a superb place for snorkelling. It is the ultimate spot to watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
- La Fortuna de San Carlos – visit the most active volcano in Costa Rica, the Arenal Mountain, and enjoy the waterfalls mixed with hot springs in the area.
- Tamarindo – another perfect place for surfers and a great area to relax at the beautiful beaches.
Based on Trip Advisor
Costa Rican Colons Rate Comparison
We truly hope you had a great time reading our guide for travellers to Costa Rica and we hope you were able to find the best Pounds to Costa Rican Colons exchange rates. We are updating and improving our site continually and we would be very happy to see you again in the future. It is important to note that finding the best travel money provider is a very dynamic job since currency exchange rates are changing all the time. Please be aware of the fact that the best provider now is not necessarily going to be the cheapest all the time. So, it is vital to compare different travel money providers every time it is needed to buy Costa Rican Colons. This short action of comparison will definitely help you save some money and enable you to spend it on your trip.
Enjoy your stay at Costa Rica and be safe!