Switzerland is right in the middle of the Alps and blessed with some of the best ski slopes because it has the most peaks of over 4,000 metres in Europe. Beside skiing, tourists visit the country for its beautiful sights of nature in a mountainous region. On top of that, Switzerland is where you find the best watches, chocolate, and cheese!
No matter the reason for visiting Switzerland, you are advised to compare the 30 travel money providers below for their GBP to CHF rates before you buy Swiss Francs, so that you can get the most out of your money.
Best CHF Exchange Rate – Chosen Providers
The best CHF providers mentioned above are usually offering much better rates than other providers, but it’s worth to double check. Below you can find more providers and their rates for comparison sake. Please feel free to choose the best travel money provider for your needs. Keep in mind the credible provider mentioned above.
Buy Swiss Francs for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – Additional Providers
Are these rates accurate 100% of the times?
We cannot offer 100% accuracy on the tables above because the currencies move constantly and our feed is set to update hourly. Even though an hour between updates is very good and will give you the right exchange rate in 99% of the cases, we wanted to let you know beforehand of this situation. So, if you go on a merchant’s website and see a different GBP to CHF exchange rate, you will know why that is. Thus, please be sure to check also on the website of your selected provider.
Travelling to Switzerland – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland
UK embassy in Switzerland:
- Address: Thunstrasse 50, 3005 Bern, Switzerland
- Phone: +41 31 359 77 00
Travelling to Switzerland – Compare Costs
- An inexpensive meal at a restaurant would cost more than £17 (against £12 in the UK).
- You can buy Coca-Cola for £3.2 – twice the price than in the UK.
- Luckily for us, a pint of beer costs almost the same as in the UK.
- You should consider taking a bus because a taxi is 50% more expensive than in the UK. Renting a car is also a good idea, since the price of gasolines is almost similar to what we are accustomed to in the UK.
In general, it is one of the most expensive places to travel to, but every penny is worth it.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to Switzerland – Popular Places to Visit
These are the most popular destinations in Switzerland:
- Zermatt – a place you can find the famous symbol of Switzerland. A great place for skiing thanks to the altitudes and a perfect area for hiking in the summertime.
- Verbier – a special panoramic view over the alpines and the Mont Blanc, and one of the top ski areas in Europe.
- Interlaken – another marvellous ski resorts in the winter and a remarkable hiking place in the summer.
- Grindelwald – enjoy hiking in The Eiger Trail, the breath-taking view of Bachalpsee Lake, and of course, the superlative ski and snowboard areas.
Based on Trip Advisor
CHF Rate Comparison
We hope you have enriched your knowledge using our guide for travellers to Switzerland. It is our pleasure to update the content and the quality of this site in order to help our audience look for the best GBP to CHF exchange rates. Unfortunately, finding the best travel money provider today does not mean you shouldn’t verify the results again before your next trip. This is a dynamic world and there might be a cheaper provider next time you need to buy Swiss Francs. Please keep in mind to compare between those providers as part of the preparations for your vacation or trip. We hope to see you again soon to help you with the next currency exchange rates comparison.
Enjoy your trip and stay safe!