Dubai is the most familiar Emirate in the United Arab Emirates, but there are 6 more Emirates called: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain. Each one of the Emirates is a wonderful place to visit and can be a unique experience. Luckily for us all of the Emirates use the same currency. This is precisely why you only need to buy dirham and try to find the best Pound to AED exchange rate, nothing more.
To make sure you have the budget to spoil yourself with everything that the city has to offer, be sure to check these merchants and compare GBP to AED exchange rate:
Best AED Exchange Rate – Chosen Providers
Abu Dhabi, the second well familiar Emirate, is the largest one and serves as the capital. However, when talking about the United Arab Emirates, most people will automatically start thinking about Dubai because of its huge tourism industry and growing expat communities. According to the 2016 MasterCard Global Destination Cities Index, Dubai was featured as #4 in the world with 15.27 million international tourist arrivals. The warm weather and beautiful sand beaches, luxurious lifestyle, man-made Islands, modern architecture or just as a shopping paradise provide many reasons for Dubai to be at the top of everyone’s travel list.
Below you can find more providers and their rates in order to make an accurate comparison. The best AED providers mentioned above are usually offering much better rates than listed below, but it’s worth it to double check.
Buy AED for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – Additional Providers
Are these rates precise and accurate?
Even though the listings above are not 100% updated all the time, we are pretty sure that they are close to accurate most of the time. Discrepancies can appear only if the providers make drastic changes and the feed hasn’t had the time to update itself.
Travelling to United Arab Emirates – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/united-arab-emirates
UK embassies in United Arab Emirates:
- Address: Al Seef Road, Bur Dubai, Near to Dubai Creekside – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Phone: +971 4 309 4444
- Address: Khalid bin Al Waleed St (Street 22) – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
- Phone: +971 2 610 1100
Travelling to United Arab Emirates – Compare Costs
- An inexpensive meal at a restaurant would cost around £9.5 (against £12 in the UK).
- You can buy Coke for £0.4 – 68% less than it is in the UK.
- Bring your beer with you, because it would cost £6 per pint, tripled the price than in the UK.
- A summer dress in a chain store costs 35% more than in the UK.
In general, it is one of the expensive places to travel to, but if you invest time in planning, you can save some money and make it more affordable for you.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to United Arab Emirates – Popular Places to Visit
These are the most popular destinations in the UAE:
- Dubai city- Luxury hotels, wonderful skyscrapers, beautiful beaches with floating islands, and huge, yet fancy shopping centres.
- Abu Dhabi city- The capital city that is located on an island. You can find Emirates Palace Luxury Hotel and one of the most magnificent mosques in the country – Sheikh Zayed Mosque.
- Sharjah – 20 KM from Dubai – a cultural centre with a tremendous palace and museums.
Based on Trip Advisor
AED Rate Comparison
Hopefully you are one of the thousands of travellers to United Arab Emirates and that you enjoyed reading our guide to find the best Pound to AED exchange rates. We are working hard on updating our site and the information given, renewing the content constantly, and providing our audience the most accurate tools to look for the best travel money provider. You should remember that the best and cheapest provider at this moment, is not necessarily going to stay like this forever. The currency market changes all the time and it is likely to see another travel money provider on the top of the list next time you are visiting our site to compare GBP to AED exchange rates. We hope you’ll visit us again soon when you are planning your next trip to the UAE.
Enjoy your trip and stay safe!