|Currency||Rate||1000 GBP =|
|GBP to Euro||(Rate = 1.0900)||545.00 EUR|
|GBP to US Dollars||(Rate = 1.2424)||621.20 USD|
|GBP to Australian Dollars||(Rate = 1.7347)||867.35 AUD|
|GBP to Turkish Lira||(Rate = 6.3865)||3,193.25 TRY|
|GBP to Canadian Dollars||(Rate = 1.6377)||818.85 CAD|
|GBP to Swiss Franc||(Rate = 1.2159)||607.95 CHF|
|GBP to Japanese Yen||(Rate = 131.1992)||65,599.60 JPY|
Travelex Travel Money Rates Compared
If we look at Travelex’s rates as a whole for 500 or 1,000 Pounds we see a slightly worse rate than our most recommend providers (more substantial margin on bigger amounts), as follows:
About Travelex – a Review
Founded in 1976 by Lloyd Dorfman, Travelex opened its first store in Southampton Row, London. Today they serve over 37 million customers every year in 26 countries being available across 1,400 stores and over 1,200 ATMs. You can find them in all the key locations for travelers like aitport, seaport, rail and other tourist locations.
Travelex also offeres a service of international money transfers which we have not fully reviews. View our money transfer service comparison here.
The advantages of using Travelex Travel Money include:
– Free shipping on orders over $1,000. Next day delivery readily available.
– Home delivery or in-person pickup from Travelex store are both available.
– Travelex MoneyCard is a prepaid Mastercard that offers peace of mind and online management for your funds while traveling. Can be loaded with 6 different currencies, doesn’t incur ATM fees, and is not linked to your bank account for added security.
– You can order online and choose from over 50 different currencies.
– Online payment is secure; Travelex has over 39 years of experience and operates in 29 countries throughout the world.
– Price promise guarantee
– 100 different stores where you can pick up funds.
– Currency can be paid via Visa, MasterCard, American Express or a debit card. Virtual card number products are not accepted.
The disadvantages of using Travelex Travel Money include:
– Only the most common currencies can be received in the store the next day. Less common currencies can take 5 days to collect.
– Not all currencies are available, some are not offered at all.
– You cannot choose the range of denominations that you receive.