Japan attracted roughly 24 million foreign tourists in 2016, which set a new record in the tourism sector of the country. Additionally, it was the first time in 45 years that the number of incoming travelers surpassed the outbound figure. Due to these ideal figures, continuous involvement of the government, and the new 10-year multi-entry visas for Chinese, Japan is expecting to reach 40 million tourists a year by 2020. More and more Brits have put Japan on their travel wish list and soon enough, the UK will become one of the top 10 countries to have tourists entering the Land of the Rising Sun. As a result, more tourists are constantly looking for the best travel money providers to exchange GBP to JPY.
Compare the following holiday money providers below to find the best Japanese Yen exchange rates:
Best Japanese Yen Exchange Rate – Selected Providers
All the holiday money providers in the list above are chosen since they usually have the best GBP to JPY exchange rates. We decided to add a list of more travel money providers with their Pound to Japanese Yen exchange rates. Please find this list below and use it for additional comparison, if needed:
Buy Japanese Yen for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – More ProvidersCity Forex GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 150,560.00
ICICI Bank GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 149,805.80
FairFX GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 149,487.00
TravelFx GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 149,468.00
Currency Online Group GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 149,466.40
Forexco GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 149,435.64
Griffin Financial GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 149,230.80
ACE-FX GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 149,162.00
Sterling GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,854.50
The Currency Club GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,778.00
Best Foreign Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,750.00
International Currency Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,582.20
Travel FX (Global Reach Partners) GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,582.20
TorFX GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,582.20
Thomas Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,580.00
No1 currency GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,481.30
Covent Garden FX GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,452.93
Telegraph Travel GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,228.60
Moneycorp GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,155.10
Thomas Exchange Global GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 148,000.00
John Lewis GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 147,808.20
The Change Group GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 147,112.50
Tesco GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 147,112.50
Money Shop GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 146,745.60
Asda GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 145,675.60
Barclays GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 145,599.20
Whitehall FX GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 144,963.26
Kanoo GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 144,680.00
Marks & Spencer GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 144,618.60
HSBC GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 144,542.25
Eurochange GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 144,500.00
The Post Office GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 144,298.10
Travelex GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 143,881.70
Saga GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 143,881.70
First Direct GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 143,701.44
Sainsburys GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 143,601.00
First Choice GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 143,544.20
Thomson GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 143,544.20
Travel:Premier GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 142,422.90
NatWest GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 141,253.00
RBS GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 141,250.00
Travel:Budget GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 140,826.10
Thomas Cook GBP 1,000.00 = JPY 139,540.00
Are these rates completely accurate all the time?
The above GBP to JPY exchange rate tables are showing the best rates in 99% of the situations and is one of the largest lists one can find online, which lists 30 different travel money providers. The rest of the 1% of case is not really our error because our feed is updated hourly. In case the providers will make drastic changes to their rates or feeds, we will be notified and will get it sorted as soon as possible.
Travelling to Japan – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/japan
UK embassy in Japan:
British Embassy, Tokyo
- Address: Japan, 〒102-8381 Tokyo, Chiyoda, Ichibancho, 1
- Phone: +81 3-5211-1100
Travelling to Japan – How Much Does It Cost Compared to the UK?
- A meal at an average local restaurant would cost you £5.60 (versus £12 in the UK).
- A 0.33 litre bottle of Coca-Cola would cost you about 20% less of what it would in the UK, right at about £0.9.
- Do not forget to bring your walking shoes because the transportation is quite expensive, especially the taxis.
- You can find a room in hotel for a decent price, similar to the UK or even cheaper; however, the rooms are usually smaller than in Europe.
In general, the flight to Japan is expensive if you don’t book in advance, but traveling there is definitely affordable.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to Japan – Popular Destinations
These are the most popular destinations in Japan are:
- Tokyo – is a highly modern city and is the capital of Japan. It is one of the major attractions in this country. It is ideal to visit the museums and the lovely gardens all around the city.
- Kyoto – there is a special atmosphere in the former capital city of Japan. Embrace the legacy and heritage sites and get excited from the history that existed in this place.
- Kutchan-cho – a special place with a lot of outdoor activities. Some examples are: ski and snowboard areas and motorcycle trails. These are just the tip of the iceberg.
- Osaka – a stylish place with restaurants, pubs, and many night clubs. An aquarium, an ancient castle, and the Universal Studios park are part of the places you should visit.
Based on Trip Advisor
Japanese Yen Rate Comparison
We hope that reading our guide has helped you if you are planning a trip to Japan and looking for a travel money provider to exchange GBP to JPY. We are working hard to update and improve the quality of the content presented to you continuously. We would be elated if you decide to visit our website again while planning for your next trip. Do not forget the best travel money provider may not be cheapest one at any given time. Choose carefully and be sure you are making the right decision. This way, you will get the best JPY exchange rate and save some money!
Enjoy your Japanese holiday and stay safe! We hope you visit again soon!