The USA is always a lucrative destination for British travellers. Orlando’s Disney World is among the most popular holiday destinations for families, while cities like New York or Vegas are great for couples or singles. It’s always fun to travel to English speaking countries, especially when it’s balmy. Using the table below, travellers can find the best cash exchange deals for Pound to USD. This way, you can find the best holiday money provider and buy USD in advance.
Compare the best travel money providers to find the right one to buy US dollars from.
Best US Dollar Exchange Rate – Selected Providers
The list above shows our choice of the top travel money providers. In most cases, you can find the best GBP to USD exchange rate in this list. Just to make sure you can make the right decision for you and we can add another list with more holiday money providers for comparison’s sake. You can find the second list below to compare additional US dollars to Pounds exchange rates before you buy USD.
Buy US Dollars for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – More ProvidersBest Foreign Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,388.00
Currency Online Group GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,387.30
Sterling GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,387.10
Whitehall FX GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,384.00
Thomas Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,384.00
John Lewis GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,382.60
TravelFx GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,381.00
Thomas Exchange Global GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,380.50
Eurochange GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,380.40
City Forex GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,380.00
No1 currency GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,379.50
Covent Garden FX GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,377.76
Kanoo GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,377.00
Forexco GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,376.60
Griffin Financial GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,376.50
ICICI Bank GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,376.50
The Currency Club GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,376.20
Thomas Cook GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,375.70
The Post Office GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,375.30
Tesco GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,375.10
Asda GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,374.60
Money Shop GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,373.80
Sainsburys GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,372.30
Marks & Spencer GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,371.40
Travel:Premier GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,370.90
Saga GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,370.00
Travelex GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,370.00
The Change Group GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,369.30
Telegraph Travel GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,367.60
Moneycorp GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,367.50
FairFX GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,366.00
ACE-FX GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,366.00
TorFX GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,363.90
International Currency Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,363.90
Travel FX (Global Reach Partners) GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,363.90
First Choice GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,363.50
Thomson GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,363.50
First Direct GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,345.92
Travel:Budget GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,343.70
NatWest GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,341.00
RBS GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,340.00
HSBC GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,338.91
Barclays GBP 1,000.00 = USD 1,334.40
Are these rates always accurate and precise?
Although we gave our utmost efforts to reflect the true USD exchange rates proposed by each travel money provider, we cannot promise 100% accuracy. In spite of the fact that our GBP to USD exchange rate comparison system is automatic, we, again, can’t “guarantee” that indeed the company on top offers the best USD rate at the moment. That is due to the following facts:
- The rates can suddenly fluctuate and our comparison table only updates on an hourly basis.
- Some travel money providers can change their pricing without us knowing that.
- Some companies make it trickier to compare by applying other fees which are not embedded into the exchange rate.
- Technical errors can always occur. Please bear with us.
Travelling to The USA – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa
UK embassy in the USA:
Embassy of the United Kingdom, Washington, D.C.
- Address: 3100 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008, USA
- Phone: +1 202-588-6500
Travelling to The USA – Cost Comparison
- An inexpensive meal at a restaurant would cost you less than £10.5 (against £12 in the UK).
- A can of Coke or a McMeal at McDonalds would cost you almost the same, maybe a bit higher than in the UK.
- Buy yourself a new pair of jeans, since 1 pair of jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar) is going to cost you 50% less than in the UK.
- Don’t worry about the gasoline, if you plan to rent a car, since it costs almost 60% less than in the UK!
In general, the USA is less expensive than the UK most of the time and one of the easiest countries to travel to.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to The USA – Popular Destinations
These are the most popular destinations in the USA:
- New York City – one of the best cities in the world for tourists. Plenty of famous sites across the city like the Time Square, the Statue of Liberty, the Met, Central Park, and many more. A Perfect place for shopping and restless night clubs.
- Maui – extraordinary beaches with hiking trails, an opportunity to climb a volcano, get under amazing waterfalls and, of course, surfing makes this place a paradise for everyone.
- The Big Island of Hawaii- you can have it all – snow-capped mountains, deserts, rainforests, and volcanoes, all in one island. Be sure to spend a couple of days over there to enjoy the desired activities.
- Las Vegas – 24/7 non-stop city. Casinos, nightclubs, and terrific shows. There are also some outdoor activities near the city like the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam.
Based on Trip Advisor
US Dollars Rate Comparison
Thank you for reading our guide for travellers to the US who want to find the best Pound to US Dollar exchange rates. We are dedicated to improving our website’s content and quality and we would be glad to see you again in the future. Do not forget, the best travel money provider today does not have to be the cheapest at any given time. Compare you results every time you want to buy US Dollars in order to get the best GBP to USD exchange rates.
Enjoy your amazing trip to the United States!