It’s not uncommon to see families or individuals traveling to Canada. There are plenty of British expatriates who reside there, very strong businesses ties, and some superb adventures for those who enjoy traveling out in the wilderness. Canada is friendly, the people are warm despite an ill-tempered weather, and it’s not that expensive in comparison to the UK. Foreign exchange bureaus can be quite expensive there so it’s always recommended to exchange Pounds to Canadian dollars ahead of time and buy CAD after comparing the rates of the best travel money providers.
Best Canadian Dollar Exchange Rate – Selected Providers
The providers shown above have most of the times the best Canadian Dollars to Pounds exchange rates. It is always better to buy CAD with one of these travel money providers. Below you can find additional rates for comparison’s sake to make sure you are making the right decision. These rates are usually worse than the best Canadian Dollars provider. Compare 30 travel money providers below for their GBP to CAD rates.
Buy Canadian Dollars for 1,000 Pounds; Travel Money – More ProvidersBest Foreign Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,594.00
The Currency Club GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,594.00
TravelFx GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,591.70
No1 currency GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,591.60
Sterling GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,591.50
Moneycorp GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,590.00
Griffin Financial GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,590.00
Travel:Premier GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,589.80
Telegraph Travel GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,589.50
Thomas Exchange Global GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,588.50
Currency Online Group GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,588.00
ACE-FX GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,588.00
Thomas Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,587.60
City Forex GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,586.80
Covent Garden FX GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,586.04
TorFX GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,585.70
International Currency Exchange GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,585.70
Travel FX (Global Reach Partners) GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,585.70
ICICI Bank GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,584.60
John Lewis GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,583.70
FairFX GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,577.90
Kanoo GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,567.00
Eurochange GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,565.80
Forexco GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,564.90
Asda GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,564.60
RBS GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,563.90
Travel:Budget GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,563.80
Tesco GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,562.10
Money Shop GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,562.10
Sainsburys GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,562.10
The Post Office GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,560.40
Thomas Cook GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,559.40
Travelex GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,558.10
Saga GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,558.10
Marks & Spencer GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,554.90
Santander GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,552.10
The Change Group GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,541.40
HSBC GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,541.17
NatWest GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,536.20
Thomson GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,531.70
First Choice GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,531.70
Barclays GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,529.00
First Direct GBP 1,000.00 = CAD 1,511.20
Are these rates Completely precise and accurate?
We cannot guarantee 100% accuracy in the comparison above. The exchange rates are moving constantly, and many companies like to trick their customers by changing their Canadian Dollar prices on a frequent basis. In addition to that, technical errors can always transpire.
With that being said, we feel this is one of the best Canadian Dollar exchange rate comparisons in the market. It is more comprehensive and more straightforward than what you can find in some of the bigger sites in the UK personal finance sector.
Travelling to Canada – Gov.UK’s Recommendation
Read the recommendation here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/canada
UK embassies in Canada:
British High Commission, Ottawa
- Address: 80 Elgin St, Ottawa, ON K1P 5K7, Canada
- Phone: +1 613-237-1530
British Consulate-General, Toronto
- Address: 777 Bay St #2800, Toronto, ON M5G 2G2, Canada
Travelling to Canada – Cost Comparison
- An inexpensive meal at a restaurant would cost you less than £9 (against £12 in the UK, which is almost a 30% difference).
- A 0.33 litre bottle of Coca-Cola would cost you pretty much the same as in the UK. No significant difference with a pint of beer as well.
- Do you plan to rent a car? That would be a nice idea since gasoline is 45% less expensive than in the UK.
- If you take a taxi it should cost you about 35% less than in the UK.
In general, it is cheaper than what we have in the UK.
Data from Numbeo, and various travel sites.
Travelling to Canada – Popular Destinations Around the Country
These are the most popular destinations in Canada:
- Vancouver – a wild view of snow-capped mountains and forests, seawall hiking trails, and, of course, plenty of pubs downtown.
- Whistler – not too far from Vancouver you can find a picturesque place for skiing in the Winter and some attractive outdoor activities in the Summer.
- Quebec City – a cultural city full of history where an ancient Citadel stands and traditional ceremonies are being held.
- Montreal – from a small village to a huge metropolis, just wander around the city and feel it’s power and atmosphere.
- Toronto – delicious restaurants, tremendous shopping centres, theatres and, of course, the top of the CN Tower are only a part of what the city has to offer.
Based on Trip Advisor
CAD Rate Comparison
We truly hoped that our guide helped you planning your trip and also helped you to find the best Pounds to Canadian Dollars exchange rate. We are investing our time to constantly improve the content of our website and its quality with the purpose of bringing you the best tools and the best money travel providers to plan the trip of your dreams. Please do not forget that being the company with the cheapest GBP to CAD exchange rate now, does not always make you the best travel money provider. Remember to compare and find the best exchange rates to buy Canadian Dollars every time you are going on a trip to Canada. We will be happy if you visit as again.
Enjoy your time in Canada!