|Currency||Rate||1000 GBP =|
|GBP to Euro||(Rate = 1.0926)||1,092.60 EUR|
|GBP to US Dollars||(Rate = 1.2591)||1,259.10 USD|
|GBP to Australian Dollars||(Rate = 1.6970)||1,697.00 AUD|
|GBP to Turkish Lira||(Rate = 1.0000)||1,000.00 TRY|
|GBP to Canadian Dollars||(Rate = 1.6162)||1,616.20 CAD|
|GBP to Japanese Yen||(Rate = 135.1607)||135,160.70 JPY|
Are Asda’s rates any good?
Asda’s rates are not competitive in comparison with the rates provided by our top travel money providers below:
About Asda Travel Money- Review
Asda travel money makes it easy for its customers to buy foreign currency or travelers cheques, online or in stores. The world renowned Leeds-based retailer started its way in 1965 to become one of the most recognisable brands in the UK, and formed Asda Money in the 2000’s. Asda Money is essentially a white-label for a variety of financial products – its insurance is provided by Brightside Insurance Services, it’s credit cards are provided by Creation Financial Services, and its Asda Travel Money brand is provided by Travelex. It doesn’t mean that the currency exchange rates offered by Asda will necessarily be identical to Travelex’.
The advantages of using Asda are as follows:
- Very credible. Although Asda was close to bankruptcy in the 1980’s before being bought by Walmart, the chances of such an immense brand collapsing and leaving clients hanging for their travel money is almost non-existent.
- There is no additional commission on top of the rates quoted. When you book the currency you pay exactly what you wanted to pay for it.
- There’s is a free delivery over £500 (pretty standard in the industry).
- Free pickup from your nearest Asda store, with no additional charge.
- Website is attractive and easy to use.
- There are more than 50 different currencies avialable on Asda Travel Money.
- As stated above, the rates are not the best for any amounts normally. You can almost always find cheaper providers, regardless of the amount. Try it yourself!