How to Spend Your Money Wisely in Europe
Many travellers are unaware that there are ways to take a meaningful trip on the weekend in Europe for less than 500 Euros. The key to this being successful is going to be related to researching the proper budget airline sights in order to get the ideal flight for your upcoming trip. The money that you save on the flight will make a substantial difference in your budget.
When contemplating which place to travel to in Europe from the United Kingdom for an affordable weekend, make a list of the locales that have the least distance, yet most diversity. Also invest your time to find the best travel money rates. Thinking in this manner will allow you to not only save money, but to have a wonderful experience as well. Consider the following recommendations when trying to make your money go the furthest possible for a weekend getaway in Europe:
Relevant Tips for Saving Money on Your Weekend in Europe
- Use Budget Transportation Options: Budget transportation options cut your weekend getaway costs in half. Particularly the airlines are designed to accommodate the weekend traveller who does not have luggage. If you have limited luggage and print out your boarding pass, you will absolutely be able to save a lot of money on your transportation and put that budget towards other cultural sites in your plans.
- Take Advantages of Guest Houses: Guest houses are a step up from a hostel. Guest houses, particularly in Spain and Portugal, are absolutely the way to go because they are owned by local families that provide excellent recommendations. These guest houses are quite affordable and will allow you to portion your budget towards interesting sights and local meals.
- Enjoy Free City Walking Tours: Free walking tours are a great way to experience Europe in an affordable way. Where these tours really save money is that they allow you to pinpoint sites that you may want to visit later on in your stay. Tipping on these tours is usually optional. If you have a great tour guide, you can really learn a great deal about where you are visiting due to entertaining legends and random trivia facts.
- Pool Taxis: Due to the increased popularity of Uber, Uber has also integrated a new business model in Europe where passengers going in the same direction can take a taxi together for a fixed rate that is a portion of the cost. This will allow you to visit many different neighborhoods in the city that you are visiting for a fraction of the cost. This can also save you a substantial amount of money on your trip to the airport.
- Dine in Local Areas: if you are on a budget, yet still want to see some of the local culture. Dine out of the tourist zones. In doing this, you will be able to see where the real residents truly dine and save a lot of money. From this method, you will also be able to potentially interact with the locals and form lasting friendships.
- Enjoy the Menu of the Day: In Europe, many of the restaurants have a fixed price menu for lunch where they provide three dishes and a glass of wine or soda. This is a great way to save a considerable amount of money on food. It is wise to take advantage of this in order to get your costs down.
The Pound to Euro Ratio and How to Take Advantage of Exchange Rates
In the wake of Brexit, the British Pound dropped considerably due to the great upset that the referendum caused. The British Pound dropping hit a lot of British travellers quite hard, which is why there was a slight decline in even weekend getaways right after Brexit was decided. Recently, the British Pound has made a great comeback in that individuals are now uncertain about the future of European Union countries without the United Kingdom keeping them afloat. Additionally, the British Pound has increased because of the strong and established economy that the United Kingdom possesses.
Concluding Remarks on the Subject
Travelling to Europe for the weekend with a budget that is only 500 Euros is absolutely
possible. The key is going to be related to first, reducing your transportation and reducing other costs like currency exchange rates. Once you reduce your transportation costs, you will be able to lower your hotels too. Also, make a little effort to look for the best pound to euro rates. This will leave a great deal in your budget to truly experience the city that you are visiting in Europe. If more travellers thought this way, perhaps they would see that Europe has many major cities that are absolutely wonderful to visit for an affordable price. Given that the United Kingdom is so close to many of these cities, it is important to remember that many of these options are only a short plane or train ride away. Thus, it is absolutely worthwhile to make your 500 Euro budget turn into a meaningful weekend getaway holiday.